Trying to Conceive while Chronically Ill

The husband and I decided, given our current circumstances, that now is probably as good a time as any to start trying for a family. The circumstances being I am out of work, we are living in a house of massive support (with my roommates, er, parents), and his job provides us a wonderful opportunity to be financially "on the ball," so-to-speak.

With that said, we are extremely blessed with good fortune, deep rooted love and infinite support of family. This "maybe baby" as well call it, will be doted with endless amounts of joyous love, company and opportunity by family near and far.

All of our ducks are seemingly in a row. Except for one lingering issue, I am chronically ill. So I plan on dedicating a large amount of this blog to my experiences being pregnant with Fibromyalgia. Of course, I need to get pregnant first =).

Most of you know, if you suffer from fibromyalgia, that fibro hates change. If you catch a cold, suffer from allergies, travel from a dry climate to a moist climate...your body knows it. And if you are like me, your body punishes you for it. So the idea of being pregnant truly terrifies me. But the idea of being a mother, and raising my amazing husband's child,  makes the pain and misery of 9 months worthy.

So here's go nothing. The making of a "maybe baby" while fibrofantastic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment